- Water, water everywhere…
- Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
- We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
- Life on a Seamount
- Treasure on our doorstep – Porirua Harbour and Inlet
- Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
- National – declaring war on rivers?
- Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
- Green growth in NZ – a case of once over lightly?
- Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
- Avoiding the race to the bottom: The RMA – what does it mean to water in NZ?
- Would you like more water with that?
- Christchurch Earthquake – information
- Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
- Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
- Dirty rivers and streams – time for a change
- Village planning ‘unplugged’
- The Earth – another good read
- Dancing at the Dead Sea and more – 3 books to read and read again
- Mainland Farmers of the Year – amazing Averys
- Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
- Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
- The price of water
- Kapiti moves to secure their water supply
- Quickfacts on Canterbury Water
- WSUD in HafenCity: ‘Future-Adaptive Urban Development’
- What is it to be Water Sensitive?
- Water Sensitive Design – the rural dimension
Anything to do with water and I'm interested! I've been writing (often paid, but just as often unpaid) and commenting about water and related matters since 2006. In 2009, I finished a thesis on Kapiti's water issues and am still researching outcomes there. I am a compulsive researcher. Blogging may feed or resolve this:) There's much for our communities to understand about water matters here in stunning Aotearoa. Yes, we have our dirty rivers and supply scarcity issues, but work is being done...My intention is to blog about what's going on with our water, from source to sea - and look for the 'best' places & actions, as much as 'worst'. This blog - and another I recently developed for Victoria University and Rotary (thefaultlineforum.com) - are part of my aspiration to contribute to 'shaping more sustainable communities'...also the title of my thesis. Look it up - it's free at www.j.co.nz.
Key wordsadaptive urban development Agriculture Auditor General Canterbury Regional Council Canterbury Water Management Strategy Climate change Drinking water Dryland farming Earth Environment Environment Canterbury Act Hurunui Hurunui River Irrigation Lignite nature New Zealand Nick Smith Paekakariki Paraparaumu Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment Porirua Practices and Systems Rain Raumati Resource Management Act Resource Management Act 1991 River Jordan RMA 1991 Russel Norman Science and Environment South Island Starborough Flaxbourne Stormwater United Nations Environment Programme Village Planning Waikanae Water Water conservation Water Conservation Order Water quality Water Resources Water supply Wellington WSUD