- Porirua harbour strategy working
- Water cooperation in action – LAWA tells our water story
- World Water Day 2014 – the water and energy nexus
- Water, water everywhere…
- Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
- We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
- Life on a Seamount
- Treasure on our doorstep – Porirua Harbour and Inlet
- Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
- National – declaring war on rivers?
- Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
- Green growth in NZ – a case of once over lightly?
- Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
- Avoiding the race to the bottom: The RMA – what does it mean to water in NZ?
- Would you like more water with that?
- Christchurch Earthquake – information
- Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
- Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
- Dirty rivers and streams – time for a change
- Village planning ‘unplugged’
- The Earth – another good read
- Dancing at the Dead Sea and more – 3 books to read and read again
- Mainland Farmers of the Year – amazing Averys
- Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
- Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
- The price of water
- Kapiti moves to secure their water supply
- Quickfacts on Canterbury Water
- WSUD in HafenCity: ‘Future-Adaptive Urban Development’
- What is it to be Water Sensitive?
- Water Sensitive Design – the rural dimension
Daily Archives: January 23, 2011
Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
More than one billion people drink unsafe water, with children suffering most, from the illnesses and malnutrition that result. Following a disaster like earthquake, access to clean water is a priority, hastening recovery for communities, as with the water ‘sorted’, … Continue reading
Posted in Earthquake, emergency management, Environment, Porirua, Uncategorized, water Tagged Drinking water, Indonesia, Oxfam, Paraguay, Porirua, Unicef, Water, Water tank Leave a comment