- Porirua harbour strategy working
- Water cooperation in action – LAWA tells our water story
- World Water Day 2014 – the water and energy nexus
- Water, water everywhere…
- Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
- We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
- Life on a Seamount
- Treasure on our doorstep – Porirua Harbour and Inlet
- Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
- National – declaring war on rivers?
- Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
- Green growth in NZ – a case of once over lightly?
- Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
- Avoiding the race to the bottom: The RMA – what does it mean to water in NZ?
- Would you like more water with that?
- Christchurch Earthquake – information
- Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
- Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
- Dirty rivers and streams – time for a change
- Village planning ‘unplugged’
- The Earth – another good read
- Dancing at the Dead Sea and more – 3 books to read and read again
- Mainland Farmers of the Year – amazing Averys
- Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
- Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
- The price of water
- Kapiti moves to secure their water supply
- Quickfacts on Canterbury Water
- WSUD in HafenCity: ‘Future-Adaptive Urban Development’
- What is it to be Water Sensitive?
- Water Sensitive Design – the rural dimension
Tag Archives: Water quality
Water cooperation in action – LAWA tells our water story
New in 2014, a unique and powerful way for communities to gather and share information about their waterways. LAWA is the short name for Land, Air, Water, Aotearoa, a web tool designed to give the public access to data on … Continue reading
Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
Communities all over New Zealand are working together to reverse the declining state of our waterways. That’s the good news – people care about our beaches, rivers and streams. And many of them care so much that they’re getting stuck … Continue reading
Posted in Environment Tagged Freshwater, Morgan Foundation, New Zealand, Pauatahanui, Porirua, RMA 1991, Secret Valley, State Highway, Waimapihi Stream, Waipoua River, Water quality 4 Comments
We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
Water is without doubt, critical to our well-being and to our posterity as a nation. Most of us might also agree that all too often, we New Zealanders do a less than brilliant job of managing such a precious resource. … Continue reading
Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
I have great respect for Jon Morgan who writes for the Dompost. His article Farmers really have cleaned up their act (Dompost 16/11/2011) begs some questioning though. Yes, I imagine most kiwis would agree with Jon – Most of us would agree … Continue reading
National – declaring war on rivers?
Green’s co-leader Russel Norman said this morning on Radio NZ National that the current government’s promise to fund irrigation infrastructure out of asset sales is akin to it making a declaration of war on our rivers. Is that a fair description? … Continue reading
Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
Regional Councils are too forgiving – and our waterways are the worse for it. Kevin Parris from the OECD Trade and Agriculture Directorate is undertaking a report on water quality in OECD nations. Interviewed on Radio NZ National this morning, he was … Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.