- Porirua harbour strategy working
- Water cooperation in action – LAWA tells our water story
- World Water Day 2014 – the water and energy nexus
- Water, water everywhere…
- Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
- We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
- Life on a Seamount
- Treasure on our doorstep – Porirua Harbour and Inlet
- Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
- National – declaring war on rivers?
- Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
- Green growth in NZ – a case of once over lightly?
- Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
- Avoiding the race to the bottom: The RMA – what does it mean to water in NZ?
- Would you like more water with that?
- Christchurch Earthquake – information
- Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
- Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
- Dirty rivers and streams – time for a change
- Village planning ‘unplugged’
- The Earth – another good read
- Dancing at the Dead Sea and more – 3 books to read and read again
- Mainland Farmers of the Year – amazing Averys
- Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
- Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
- The price of water
- Kapiti moves to secure their water supply
- Quickfacts on Canterbury Water
- WSUD in HafenCity: ‘Future-Adaptive Urban Development’
- What is it to be Water Sensitive?
- Water Sensitive Design – the rural dimension
Anything to do with water and I'm interested! I've been writing (often paid, but just as often unpaid) and commenting about water and related matters since 2006. In 2009, I finished a thesis on Kapiti's water issues and am still researching outcomes there. I am a compulsive researcher. Blogging may feed or resolve this:) There's much for our communities to understand about water matters here in stunning Aotearoa. Yes, we have our dirty rivers and supply scarcity issues, but work is being done...My intention is to blog about what's going on with our water, from source to sea - and look for the 'best' places & actions, as much as 'worst'. This blog - and another I recently developed for Victoria University and Rotary (thefaultlineforum.com) - are part of my aspiration to contribute to 'shaping more sustainable communities'...also the title of my thesis. Look it up - it's free at www.j.co.nz.
Key wordsadaptive urban development Agriculture An Ocean of Air: A Natural History of the Atmosphere Auditor General Canterbury Regional Council Canterbury Water Management Strategy Chicago Climate change Colorado River Community Dancing at the Dead Sea: Tracking the World's Environmental Hotspots Dead Sea Drinking water Dryland farming Earth Earth Sciences Environment Environment Canterbury Act Geology Gulf Stream HafenCity Hurunui Hurunui River Indonesia Irrigation John Kotter Lake Grassmere Landcare Leak Lignite Lincoln University Massey University nature New Zealand Nick Smith Ocean Paekakariki Paraparaumu Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment Pauatahanui Inlet Porirua Porirua City Practices and Systems Rain Raumati Resource Management Act Resource Management Act 1991 Richard Fortey River Jordan RMA 1991 Russel Norman Science and Environment Simpson Grierson Social Sciences South Island Starborough Flaxbourne Stormwater Sustainable Community United Nations United Nations Environment Programme Urban and Regional Planning Urban planning Village Planning Waikanae Water Water conservation Water Conservation Order Water quality Water Resources water rights Water supply waterways Wellington World Water Day WSUD