- Porirua harbour strategy working
- Water cooperation in action – LAWA tells our water story
- World Water Day 2014 – the water and energy nexus
- Water, water everywhere…
- Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
- We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
- Life on a Seamount
- Treasure on our doorstep – Porirua Harbour and Inlet
- Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
- National – declaring war on rivers?
- Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
- Green growth in NZ – a case of once over lightly?
- Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
- Avoiding the race to the bottom: The RMA – what does it mean to water in NZ?
- Would you like more water with that?
- Christchurch Earthquake – information
- Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
- Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
- Dirty rivers and streams – time for a change
- Village planning ‘unplugged’
- The Earth – another good read
- Dancing at the Dead Sea and more – 3 books to read and read again
- Mainland Farmers of the Year – amazing Averys
- Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
- Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
- The price of water
- Kapiti moves to secure their water supply
- Quickfacts on Canterbury Water
- WSUD in HafenCity: ‘Future-Adaptive Urban Development’
- What is it to be Water Sensitive?
- Water Sensitive Design – the rural dimension
Tag Archives: Porirua
Water, water everywhere…
March 22 is UN World Water Day. An auspicious day for water on the global calendar, though New Zealand’s activities on this day fall largely under the radar. It’s an especially big day this year. 2013 is the UN International … Continue reading
Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
Communities all over New Zealand are working together to reverse the declining state of our waterways. That’s the good news – people care about our beaches, rivers and streams. And many of them care so much that they’re getting stuck … Continue reading
Posted in Environment Tagged Freshwater, Morgan Foundation, New Zealand, Pauatahanui, Porirua, RMA 1991, Secret Valley, State Highway, Waimapihi Stream, Waipoua River, Water quality 4 Comments
Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
More than one billion people drink unsafe water, with children suffering most, from the illnesses and malnutrition that result. Following a disaster like earthquake, access to clean water is a priority, hastening recovery for communities, as with the water ‘sorted’, … Continue reading
Posted in Earthquake, emergency management, Environment, Porirua, Uncategorized, water Tagged Drinking water, Indonesia, Oxfam, Paraguay, Porirua, Unicef, Water, Water tank Leave a comment
Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
Press Release, 8th November 2010 EMBARGO: 00:01 9th November 2010 UNEP LivCom Awards, Chicago, USA Cutting edge environmental projects from Canada, South Africa and New Zealand win praise at UN-backed global awards event. Four environmental and community initiatives from countries … Continue reading
Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
Porirua has been short-listed for the World’s Most Livable City by the United Nations. It’s innovative initiatives like this one that keep Porirua on track to securing a better future. Good on you Porirua – you’re one cool little city!! … Continue reading
You must be logged in to post a comment.