- Porirua harbour strategy working
- Water cooperation in action – LAWA tells our water story
- World Water Day 2014 – the water and energy nexus
- Water, water everywhere…
- Cleaner rivers – Morgan Foundation steps up
- We can do better – NZ’s Land and Water Forum releases its final report
- Life on a Seamount
- Treasure on our doorstep – Porirua Harbour and Inlet
- Have enough farmers cleaned up their act?
- National – declaring war on rivers?
- Freshwater in NZ – Auditor General unimpressed by ‘forgiving’ Regional Councils
- Green growth in NZ – a case of once over lightly?
- Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
- Avoiding the race to the bottom: The RMA – what does it mean to water in NZ?
- Would you like more water with that?
- Christchurch Earthquake – information
- Earthquake or drought: The joy of a bright orange – or green or blue – water tank
- Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
- Dirty rivers and streams – time for a change
- Village planning ‘unplugged’
- The Earth – another good read
- Dancing at the Dead Sea and more – 3 books to read and read again
- Mainland Farmers of the Year – amazing Averys
- Porirua’s Village Planning is a World Winner
- Affordable water – Porirua’s Water Guy shows you how to fix water leaks at your place
- The price of water
- Kapiti moves to secure their water supply
- Quickfacts on Canterbury Water
- WSUD in HafenCity: ‘Future-Adaptive Urban Development’
- What is it to be Water Sensitive?
- Water Sensitive Design – the rural dimension
Tag Archives: Climate change
Mining lignite in Aotearoa NZ – a price too high?
Interested in what’s on the horizon in respect of our natural resources – including freshwater? Two reports released in August are worth your attention. Lignite and Climate Change: The High Cost of Low Grade Coal is a report from the Parliamentary Commissioner for the … Continue reading
Posted in Environment, Geology, Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment, Resource Management, RMA 1991, Uncategorized, water Tagged Carbon Cycle, Climate change, Crown Minerals Act 1991, Environment, Greenhouse gas, Lignite, Mining, Natural resource, New Zealand, Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment 11 Comments
Underwater ‘rainforests’, world warming and more – on water
These water stories have my attention right now… Killer floods and landslides in eastern Sri Lanka where more than 360,000 people fled their homes…more Massive crop losses and 70 deaths in South African flooding since December, with eight out of … Continue reading
The Earth – another good read
I caught bookblogger Graham Beattie reviewing some top reads for 2010 on Radio NZ National today, and wanted to share a quote from his blog. Beattie attributes it to author Margaret Coel: I noticed during takeoffs and landings I don’t … Continue reading
Posted in Earthquake, Environment, Geology, Uncategorized, water Tagged Climate change, Earth, Earth Sciences, Geology, Gulf Stream, Ocean, Richard Fortey, Science and Environment Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.